A comprehensive resource to support Residential Aged Care Facilities and organisations in the appropriate risk management of cytotoxics and other hazardous medications, which require identification and management according to SafeWork and other guidance information.
It presents the guidance from key references and includes an explanation of terminology, practice points, specific information about the management of cytotoxic waste, methotrexate and cyclophosphamide, and tables of cytotoxic and other hazardous agents with recommended handling advice.
The Meditrax Guide includes:
* Updated Table of Cytotoxic Medictaion commonly used in Aged care
* Updated Table of Hazardous Medication commonly used in Aged Care
* Cytotoxic and/or Hazardous Medication Alert
* Management of Methotrexate
* Management of Cyclophosphamide
* Meditrax template – Cytotoxic and Hazardous Medication Management Policy and Procedure
* Sample Cytotoxic Drugs Register
* Sample Risk Assessment Template and Cytotoxic Drugs